Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's going to be a long, exciting weekend

Well, today I'm getting ready for another wedding shoot. This one is going to be a little different that all the others that I have done in the past. The mother and father of the bride are going to have one of the conference rooms at the hotel for us to do formal pictures in before the wedding. 

I will be bringing quite a bit of my portable studio with me. My strobe flashes, umbrellas, softboxes and several of my muslin backdrops. To accommodate the larger number of individuals that we will be photographing at one time, I went out and purchased another backdrop support system. This one will allow me to turn my 10x20 backdrops sideways to provide a 20' long backdrop. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow as scheduled, especially since I paid for overnight shipping. Adorama has never let me down in the past. I will be using my standard backdrop support system to shield the flashes and strobes from the one long wall of mirrors.

The brides family also purchased a fold out style backdrop that they want to use for some of the pictures as well. So I will have 2 of the softboxes supporting that and 2 of them supporting my extended backdrop. I think this will work out well. 

The biggest challenge is going to be fitting all this equipment into my Charger. Maybe I'll take a picture of the packing job once its done.

No comments:

Post a Comment